Most depictions of angels show them in flowing white robes, which is what most people picture when they think of angels.
However, when people see angels, they can appear to them in many colors.
The color of the angel has a specific meaning, and this information can help you understand angel colors meaning.
– Updated 10/14/2019
Table of Contents
What Seeing Angels Means
There are many reasons why someone may see or have contact with an angel.
Most people have two to three guardian angels that watch over them.
Seeing one of your guardian angels may mean they have a message for you or they are trying to help you.
How Angels Help You
Angels assist people in many ways. They may assist people with:
- Love and compassion
However, when you see an angel, it may not look like the angelic being depicted in works of art or what you may imagine in your mind.
What Angels Look Like
Angels are beings of light and represent the belief of Divine love and light shining down on you.
However, angels usually do not appear as humans, they are genderless, and they are without judgment.
Angels can take on almost any appearance, and there are signs that you are seeing an angel, although it may not be obvious to you.
Some signs that an angel is near you are:
- Numbers – When numbers appear to you in patterns, such as 10:10 or 222, then that is one of the first signs an angel is trying to contact you.
- Feathers – Finding feathers in unusual places could be a sign an angel is trying to communicate with you.
- Coins and pennies – When you find shiny coins, that could be an angel telling you to keep going and that everything will be fine.
- Rainbows – Seeing rainbows without rain is a sign an angel is present.
- Cloud shapes – If clouds appear in shapes of symbols, like flowers or hearts, then those are signs from your angels.
- Feelings of being touched – If you experience a tingling sensation down your spine or feel as if someone is touching you, then that is an indication high vibrational beings are contacting you.
- Scents – If you smell pleasant aromas, especially flowers, that could be a sign from an angel.
- Flashes of light – Since angels are beings of light, seeing flashes or sparks of light from the corner of your eye is a sign an angel is near you.
Angel Appearing in Colors
Sometimes, angels appear to people in different colors, each of which has a special meaning.
The colors for angels are based on seven light rays, which may be based on rainbows or sunlight.
Here are the angel colors meaning for each ray of light.
- Blue – Seeing a blue angel represents power, protection, faith, strength, and courage
- Pink – This color represents love and peace.
- Yellow – If you see an angel that is yellow, it may mean they are helping you decide something as the color represents the wisdom for decisions.
- White – If the angel appearing to you is white, then they represent purity, as well as the harmony of holiness.
- Red – A red angel represents wise service so that they may be offering you their wisdom.
- Green – When you see a green angel, it stands for prosperity and healing.
- Purple – An angel in purple may be offering mercy to you, or transformation.
There are also archangels that lead the angels of each color, and they are:
- Blue – The Archangel Michael, who is the leader of all holy angels, oversees the blue angels.
- Pink – Since pink represents peace, the Archangel Chamuel oversees it. Chamuel is the angel of peaceful relations.
- Yellow – The angel of beautiful thoughts, Jophiel, is in charge of the angels in yellow.
- White – Gabriel, who announced the upcoming birth of the Christ child, oversees the color white.
- Red – Fittingly, Uriel, the angel of wisdom, oversees the red angels.
- Green – Raphael, who is the angel of healing, takes care of the green angels.
- Purple – Zadkiel, who is the angel of mercy is in charge of the angels in purple.
Knowing the angel colors meaning can help you understand why an angel of a certain color may be trying to communicate with you or the message they are sending you.
Watch this video for more information about the colors of angels: