Have you ever heard your name called when no one was around?
Do you often experience a ringing in your ears that has not been explained away by audiologists?
Chances are, you could be experiencing clairaudience symptoms.
Today, we are going to to answer the question, “What does clairaudience feel like?”
We’ll also discuss this other worldly sense in detail and show you how you can hone your clairaudience skills.
– Updated 6/12/2019
Table of Contents
Defining, Understanding, and Developing Clairaudience
In order to fully understand the concept of clairaudience, one must first understand the fundamental differences between metaphysical and physical senses.
Clairaudience Symptoms: Metaphysical VS. Physical Senses
Most people have five physical senses: sight, smell, sound, taste and touch. These senses are how your body perceives the world around you. It is how your body interacts with external outliers, from listening to your favorite band to eating a delicious meal.
Metaphysical senses are primarily broken down into four categories: clairvoyance, clairsentience, claircognizance and clairaudience. Unlike physical senses, your metaphysical senses rely on internal and intuitive feelings and knowledge about things unseen. The four primary metaphysical senses are broken down into different types of internal experiences:
- Clairvoyance – seeing things and/or people not of our physical world
- Clairsentience – sensing people, emotions or objects around you that you cannot physically see
- Claircognizance – knowing things you did not learn about in any form
- Clairaudience – hearing things and/or people not of our physical world
Have you ever had a sudden gut feeling that something bad was about to happen, even if everything in the physical world around you seemed fine? That could be considered a clairsentient experience.
Ever get a phone psychic reading and the advisor seems to know everything about you? Or maybe you’ve had some psychic readings online and the predictions were on-point? Chances are, your reader was claircognizant.
Metaphysical senses are tricky to understand, but almost every human possesses these senses to some degree and these sensory perceptions can show up at any time in the course of your life.
If you want to find out more about other metaphysical senses, pay a visit to Quantum Biofeedback Practitioner Barbara Murphy.
What is Clairaudience and What Does it Feel Like?
So now that we have a better understanding of metaphysical senses in general, let’s discuss clairaudience more in-depth. The word clairaudience is derived from the French word, clair (clear) and the word audience (hearing). Clairaudience is the act of deriving information from paranormal sounds or voices around you.
According to the Parapsychological Association, clairaudience, along with the three other primary metaphysical senses, are extrasensory perceptions. They define extrasensory perceptions (also known as ESP) as
“the acquisition of information about, or response to, an external event, object, or influence (mental or physical; past, present or future) otherwise than through any of the known sensory channels.”
Clairaudience can be experienced in a plethora of ways. Some people may hear a voice communicate to them while nobody is present in the room. Others experience clairaudience when they have repetitious thoughts about a topic that seems to come out of nowhere.
The bottom line is that these voices or experiences are not directly related or connected to anything around you in the physical realm. They are paranormal in origin and are developed using your internal sensory perceptions of the world around you.
Are You Clairaudient?
Many people experience episodes of clairaudience without even realizing it. Have you ever woken up with a random song in your head? According to spiritual entrepreneur and author Laurra Warnke, hearing a particular song in your head is directly tied with issues that you may be experiencing in life, on a subconscious level.
Do you think you are clairaudient? According to Jessica Lee, a certified Akashic Records Practitioner, there are eleven distinct signs that you could be clairaudient. Below are a few examples:
- Say my name: nobody is around, but you swear you just heard someone call out your name. Chances are, you are experiencing a paranormal voice nearby.
- One sided conversations: do you talk to yourself often, even if it’s just in your head? If so, you are more likely to be in tune with your extrasensory perception of the world around you.
- Invisible friends: did you have imaginary friends growing up? Chances are they weren’t imaginary…they were simply relatives or spirit guides that you could hear and interact with.
- What’s that noise?: do you sometimes experience a ringing in your ears that isn’t explained by a medical condition? Chances are, you could be channeling paranormal sounds around you.
- Messages in music: when in need of guidance, do you often find the answer in the next song that’s played on the radio? This could very well be a clairaudient experience.
Do you have clairaudient abilities? Do you want to develop or sharpen your extrasensory perceptions? There are many resources and sites available to help readers clue in to this metaphysical sense.
Many YouTube videos are centered on this subject, including this short, informative video by Psychic Smarts. This video provides little tips and tricks that encourages a calm and meditative state that enables oneself to open up their extrasensory perceptions in order to experience clairaudience.
Clairaudience is a tricky practice, and takes time to develop. However, those who have gained experience working with this metaphysical sense are often better attuned to their mental and emotional health, and how to follow their intuition about big life decisions.