Looking for a great EDC (everyday carry) flashlight?
A great, portable, flashlight can be a life-saver.
From needing to change a tire on the side of the road to getting lost in the wilderness.
In this article you’ll discover the best EDC flashlight options you can buy on Amazon, as well as the reason that each ranks among the best.
We’ll enlighten you in regards to the the similarities, differences, and key features that you should look for when making this important purchase.
Great, let’s get to it!
The 10 Best Small Flashlights for Your Everyday Carry, Tactical, and Survival Needs
Table of Contents
- 1 1) Olight S30R Baton III – Our favorite rechargeable EDC flashlight
- 2 2) Turbo Version Olight S1R Baton
- 3 3) ThruNite TN12 XP-L Edition – Best pocket flashlight
- 4 4) Olight EDC Flashlight 950
- 5 5) Fenix PD35 TAC 1000
- 6 6) Tactical 5.11 Unisex TMT PLx Penlight – Best budget EDC flashlight
- 7 7) Fenix RC09 550
- 8 8) ThruNite T10T NW – Great compact flashlight
- 9 9) Rofis TR20 Rechargeable – Multi-functional, adjustable-head flashlight
- 10 10) Olight S MINI Cree XM-L2 – Small and very bright
1) Olight S30R Baton III – Our favorite rechargeable EDC flashlight
A secure grip, lightweight design, and incredible 1050 Lumen output make this an excellent choice for someone who values functionality in the ideal EDC flashlight. Lumens are the measure of light output. You also will never find yourself searching for odd battery types – a rechargeable battery and magnetic charging dock are included. Though this model is not water or shock-resistant, an included carrying holster reassures you that your flashlight will not be damaged.
2) Turbo Version Olight S1R Baton
This incredibly lightweight flashlight is less than 2 ounces, even after battery installation. The feature that makes this flashlight unique is its battery conservation technique. The flashlight bursts 900 lumens for 30-60 seconds and a bright 600 lumens afterward, to conserve energy. This is another rechargeable option. Its small size makes it perfect for purses, pockets, and anywhere else you want to tuck it away.
3) ThruNite TN12 XP-L Edition – Best pocket flashlight
Functionality and power are the major winning points of this flashlight. It offers 5 different modes to suit your needs. In the lowest setting, this powerful EDC flashlight has a battery life of 74 days. It is also waterproof and fall-resistant up to 1.2 meters. This means that the high functionality and 1100 lumen output of this model are protected from the elements.
4) Olight EDC Flashlight 950
A solid copper body and sturdy clip make this compact, everyday carry flashlight incredibly durable. It is waterproof, rugged, and made to take a beating. Whether you need a discreet light to check something out or a high-powered beam, the Olight flashlight delivers with 4 modes ranging from 10 to 950 lumens. The five-year warranty is also a great feature – one that many flashlights do not have.
5) Fenix PD35 TAC 1000
This flashlight has powerful batteries with a punch. A 1000 lumen bulb and powerful rechargeable batteries last as long as 50,000 hours. That’s over 5 years! The original model comes with two special lithium batteries, but you can swap this out for a rechargeable with the right specifications. All these features are packed into a lightweight package, weighing about 4 ounces.
6) Tactical 5.11 Unisex TMT PLx Penlight – Best budget EDC flashlight
While this flashlight does not have rechargeable batteries, it does take 2 easy-to-find AAAs. You also won’t have to worry about being stuck somewhere without a charge if you bring backups. This model is a tactical-style EDC flashlight, with a light cone that projects for 40 meters and a ‘Momentary On’ switch that makes your light visible for a set amount of time before automatically turning itself off.
7) Fenix RC09 550
Even though this flashlight is not as bright as some other models (with 550 Lumens), it has many other features that make it perfect for treks, emergency situations, and more. A magnetic suction bottom and two-position body clip make this easy to secure. Additionally, this flashlight is resistant to hot temperatures and resistant to corrosion. This means you can easily store it in your car for emergencies, without worrying about damage.
8) ThruNite T10T NW – Great compact flashlight
Incredibly strong titanium makes up the body of this EDC flashlight. It has a tail switch and a twisting head that make using the flashlight how you want to easily. This flashlight is not as bright as other models, but it still gets the job done. The bottom is also shaped so that you can use the flashlight as a candle to provide subtle lighting when you don’t have free hands.
9) Rofis TR20 Rechargeable – Multi-functional, adjustable-head flashlight
The unique design of this 1100 Lumen flashlight sets it apart from many others. The head of the light can be adjusted by bending the body, pointing the light forward while you hold the body vertically in your hand. It lights up an impressive 206 meters in front of you in high mode and comes with several different power levels and modes.
10) Olight S MINI Cree XM-L2 – Small and very bright
Updated 2/9/2020 – This rainbow-colored titanium flashlight is attractive and functional. A neutral white light bulb puts out 550 lumens. Its design makes it durable, lightweight, and compact. An easy-to-access button on the side lets you switch the device on and off, while a titanium clip holds your EDC flashlight wherever you attach it. This is an awesome choice for people who want attractive, but functional in a light.
- Related: The 6 Best Military Watches: Tactical Styles for Men
- Related: The 10 Best GPS Trackers for Hiking & Backpacking
- Related: The Best Camera For Hiking And Backpacking
- Related: 10 Best Tactical Pants for Men (Everyday Wear & Survival)
- Related: Outdoor Survival Skills – What To Do When You’re Out Of Food And Out Of Time