Your Privacy Protection
I value my customers and respect their privacy.
I collect customer information in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, contests, and promotions.
I recognize that I must maintain and use customer information responsibly. I do not sell or rent the information you provide to me online to third parties.
What information do I collect?
I collect information from you when you register on my site, place an order, request a catalog or subscribe to my emails.
When ordering or registering on my site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit my site anonymously.
What do I use your information for?
Any of the information I collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps me to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve my website. I continually strive to improve my website offerings based on the information and feedback I receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps me to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails.
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do I protect your information?
I implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
I offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into my Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
I may contract with third-party service providers to assist me in better understanding my site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on my behalf except to help me conduct and improve our business.
Google uses a DoubleClick cookie which enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visits to backpackerverse.com and/or other sites on the Internet.
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
The cookies of other third-party vendors or ad networks may also be used to serve ads to you when visiting backpackerverse.com
Do I disclose any information to outside parties?
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist me in operating my website, conducting my business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when I believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because I value your privacy I have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. I therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
I are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), I do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. My website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 8/21/2015